The One-Stop Rejuvenation & Revitalization Centre for Medical Aesthetics at Dr Charles Lee Aesthetics & Plastic Surgery in collaboration with DHI Malaysia offers the state-of-the-art treatment, Direct Hair Implantation, DHI, for the restoration of hair loss.
Traditional hair loss treatments through ‘strip extractions’ or ‘hair plugs’ is often traumatic and leaves you with scars that are noticeable and often fails to deliver the hair density needed for that natural look.
At the Sabah Hair Restoration Clinic at KPJ Sabah Specialist Plastic Surgery Centre, we take a professional leap beyond traditional hair transplants. A combination of clinically-proven treatment protocols has been specially crafted that utilizes the fastest growing technology for hair transplantation and restoration. This includes Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP), Low-Level Laser Bio-stimulation Therapy and a highly skilled Direct Hair Implantation (DHI) technique that involves NO STITCHES, NO SCAR, and virtually NO PAIN giving you a natural looking hairline with your OWN hair.
The smarter way to a natural looking you. SAFE AND PROFESSIONAL.
PLATELET-RICH PLASMA (PRP) HAIR RESTORATION
Platelet-Rich Plasma, PRP, obtained from your own blood provides a powerful surge of essential growth factors necessary for new hair growth and restoration. Blood is composed primarily of a liquid substance called plasma, and also contains red blood cells, white blood cells, and platelets. These naturally occurring platelets have very beneficial effects and contain numerous proteins that act as growth factors, assisting the hair follicles to remain healthy.
PRP has been very beneficial when combined with Direct Hair Implantation (DHI), and has also shown great promise to produce a thicker density and coverage of the scalp.
PRP is performed one week before your Direct Hair Implantation (DHI).
LOW-LEVEL LASER HAIR BIO-STIMULATION
How does Low-Level Laser Therapy Help With Hair Restoration and Hair Loss?
Low-Level Laser Therapy (LLLT) is an FDA-approved non-surgical therapy using red light wavelength that stimulates healing, mitochondrial DNA, and cytokine secretion. Low-Level Laser Biostimulation LLLT has been found to increase hair thickness, density and hair count for both men and women by stimulating cellular metabolism, protein synthesis and regeneration of cellular tissue while increasing blood flow. Non-thermal and pain free, high tech treatment for hair loss, balding and thinning hair.
Other Benefits of Low-Level Laser Therapy Include:
- Increased vascularity of the scalp
- Increased speed of hair growth
- Increased manageability of hair
- Decreased dandruff and/or scalp itch
- Decreased hair fallout
DIRECT HAIR IMPLANTATION, DHI
Over the last 45 years, Direct Hair Implantation (DHI) has revolutionised hair restoration by evolving and innovating the technique and methodology to deliver healthy, natural looking hair with maximal growth and density. Thanks to the patented DHI implanter device, we are able to place each hair follicle one by one in very specific direction, angle and depth, thus giving 100% natural results with maximum viability. The implanted hairs will then continue to grow with you throughout your lifetime and form your style and identity. Natural and real.
No cuts, no scars, no stitches and virtually no pain.
Hair follicles are extracted one by one from the donor area using a specifically designed disposable tool with the diameter of 1mm or less. The follicles are then kept at a specific temperature and in a solution that enhances their development after placement, without separating, cutting or generally handling the grafts.
The hair follicles are implanted directly into the region suffering from hair loss using a patented tool, the DHI Implanter, also with a diameter of 1mm or less, without prior creation of holes or slits.
Full control of the depth, direction and angle of the placement of each graft, ensures 100% natural results, maximum viability and that the implanted hair will never fall out and will grow for a lifetime.
LASER HAIR REMOVAL
Answers to Common Questions
- Full head shaving is not always compulsory. Thanks to the new protocols, this can now be an option that the client chooses.
- DHI Direct Hair Implantation treatment is suitable for male and female clients alike.
- In most of the cases, patients can return to work the next day after the session (if they choose to)
- Cardio exercise and swimming can be resumed 2 weeks after the session, while intense exercise like weight lifting etc, can be resumed after 4 weeks.
- In extreme hair loss cases and when the hairs on the back of the head are not enough to cover the recipient area, it is possible to use facial and body hair.
- The complete results and full grown hairs take 12 months, however, the hair growth is visible in two months.
- There’s no requirement for any long-term medication, as the implanted hairs will not fall. However Minoxidil applications are suggested to prevent thinning and falling of the existing hair